Senior Analyst Internal Controls','1802746','!*!With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
The Internal Controls Senior Analyst is primarily responsible for performing Internal Controls activities in order to ensure adherence to established procedures and controls and to identify process improvements and simplification throughout Mondelēz North America, contributing to maintain the company’s control environment.This position is responsible to support execution of the plan developed by the global Internal Controls Centre of Excellence (IC COE), as it relates to the following:• Control Self-Assessment (CSA)• SOX• Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM)• Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC)This position is responsible for reviewing existing financial and internal business controls procedures and recommending control improvements. This role is also required to support fraud and special investigation reviews, including potential non-compliance/breaches from the lens of C1 to C21 Compliance Policies.The position is also required to train the Mondelez ‘Process owners’ and ‘Control owners’ on concepts related to risks, controls and specific Mondelez operating processes like Source to Pay (STP), Plan to Cash (PTC), Manufacturing to Inventory (MTI), etc. It is important for this position to establish effective business relationship within the company and other stakeholders, including external auditors and the global IC COE team, and assist management in the understanding of corporate control and risk and the adaptation of internal control principles and risk mitigation plans.Major Responsibilities
• Provide advisory support to the Mondelez business owners in timely and adequate completion of the CSAs rolled out by the global IC COE.• Perform Quality Assurance program on the CSAs completed by Mondelez business owners in accordance with the guidelines provided by the IC COE• Lead SOX reviews including updating control documentation in GRC database and providing oversight to the IC COE team for remote testing• Provide support in timely review and resolution of Segregation of Duties (SOD) violation, recommend and agreed with respective manager in regard to mitigating controls that may be required.• Assist in timely resolution of the open CCM queries with the relevant control owners • Participate in training the MDLZ business owners on concepts related to risks, controls and specific MDLZ processes• Collaborate with the Internal Controls Manager in overseeing the internal control environment which may include review of existing financial and internal business controls procedures, compliance policy and recommending internal control improvements as well as documenting and/or updating control database• Actively participate in the deployment of new policies, procedures and business process, and system implementation ensuring that proper controls are embedded• Support fraud and special investigation reviews including:• Providing guidance to management on the global fraud and non-compliance reporting process • Reviewing of key documentation and data analyses• Interviewing with key stakeholders (including preparing interview scripts)• Regular status updates to Region and Global Compliance and Special Investigations team• Providing recommendations of key controls and improvement opportunities, and ensuring these controls are embedded within the revised processes• Prepare status reports as requested by IC Manager NA / IC Americas Lead to present to the Assurance and Risk Committee, as applicable, (chaired by the Managing Director and represented by the relevant BOMs) on key findings from audit and fraud/special investigation reviews and tracking of management action plans on a periodic basis• Advisory role on projects to ensure key risks and controls are addressed and adhered to and directing the Project team to reach commercially viable decisions that captures controls and ensures effectiveness and efficiencies.','!*!Qualifications
• Strong knowledge on concepts related to ‘internal controls’.• Require a broad controls/ audit experience and knowledge of auditing and accounting practices used in large scale complex organization• Internal controls system; principle of management analysis and organizational design• Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SOX control requirement, control review and audit technique• Knowledge in fraud and special investigations (Preferred)Technical / Work-based Skills• Ability to interact with management at all levels• Ability to work with teams based on remote/ off-site locations. • Ability to manage multiple priority• Ability to use accounting, spreadsheets, word processing and email software programs • SAP knowledge or background is a plus
General Skills / Attributes
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and conflict management• Drive for results• Communicate effectively in writing and orally; maintain objectively and impartially• Excellent interpersonal skills
• CPA, CIA or Chartered Accountancy preferred• Mix of Big 4 audit and industry internal audit experience is an advantage
• Minimum of solid four to six years of experience in Audit (internal or external) or Corporate Assurance or any combination of training, education or experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.','NA-US-New Jersey-East Hanover','','Internal Controls','Full-time','Senior Analyst Internal Controls
Website : http://www.mondelezinternational.com
Mondelēz International is the world's largest chocolatier, biscuit baker and candy maker, and the second-largest maker of gum. Every day, our employees create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world's favorite brands-including Cadbury, Jacobs, LU, Milka, Nabisco, Oreo, Tang and Trident.