United States-California-San Francisco
Back to offers list
Share with your friends
Tweet this page
Share this page with your network
Share this page on Messenger
Share this page on WhatsApp
Share your content curation with Scoopit
Share this page on the first Chinese social network
No time? Read and share this page later with Buffer!
The convenient app to read this page at any time, even offline!
Show more social networks
Send this page by e-mail
Send this page by e-mail
Print this page
Are you sure you want to print this page ?
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for working with and managing the Bank’s Operational Risk team to implement enterprise-level standards, policies and governance within the BOTW Consumer Banking Division. Responsible for coordinating planning, development and implementation of all activities and programs associated with operational risk management within a BOTW business unit.
Essential Job Functions
1. Within assignment has a broad range of independence and ensures the Operational Risk Program is working effectively to report on the Consumer Banking Division risk posture and effectively manage applicable risks.
2. Undertakes transversal & vertical assessments (such as RCSAs or RCAs) of exposures, identifying risks, evaluating their potential impact and reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls. Tracks resolution of issues. Advises line-management on opportunities for improvements.
3. May include formal reporting on the state of operational risks.
4. Based on assigned role, prioritizes Operational Risk activities to reduce income volatility for the bank and increase risk transparency while being attentive to increasing the level of customer service and satisfaction.
5. May participate in evaluating new products, changes to the channels through which products are offered, and technology impact assessments for their impacts on the bank's or LOB’s operational risk profile.
6. For assigned Control Programs, such as 3rd Party, Information Security, Business Continuity, Records, Fraud, etc. acts to maximize benefit of program components.
7. Work with other risk functions to develop and implement controls that mitigate risks.
8. Once the controls are in place, continues to monitor control compliance and the prevalent risk environment recommending incremental recommendations for improvement to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels.
9. Oversees the execution of the operational risk management standards and procedures; developing operational risk management analysis reports; developing approval procedures and guidelines on operational risk limits by type of product and/or transaction (where appropriate); and in establishing management and administrative procedures to ensure adherence to policies.
10. Advises business unit managers on operational risk management issues. May recommend possible solutions.
11. Within the Operational Risk Department the role has assigned responsibility for specific areas of the Bank's Corporate Operational Risk Management function.
12. Directs a key segment of LOB OR activities in accordance with the Bank's operational risk management policies.
13. Oversee Level 2 Control credible challenge to validate controls are in place and working as intended. At LOB/Support Function level confirms standards for controls functions (BCP, Loss Mitigation, Information Security, 3rd Party Service Providers, etc.) are implemented as required. Resolves with line management gaps or escalates operational risk matters.
14. Partner with the business in the development and implementation changes to standards, systems and processes used within the operational risk framework.
Work Experience Requirements
· 10 or more year’s directly related or combined Operational Risk Management and Internal Audit experience within the financial services industry.
· 15 or more years’ experience working in Commercial Banking, Financing Services or Broker Dealer Services.
· Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area. Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration – required.
· Master’s/Advanced Degree in Business, Finance or Risk Management preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Website : http://www.bnpparibas.com
BNP Paribas in the United States is part of a far-reaching global banking network, offering its clients a full range of services from investment and retail banking to asset management services. BNP Paribas has been present in the country since 1919 as the French American Banking Corporation and currently has over 14,000 employees in the US.