Postlethwaite & Netterville
• Participates on assigned engagements; in some instances assuming substantial engagement/project oversight and responsibility (under supervision) for assigned engagements, including performing self-review of work product.
• Maintains a continuing base knowledge of accounting, audit and tax requirements.
• Complies with the professional and Firm requirements (e.g., personnel manual requirements, time entry procedures, audit quality control document requirements, etc.) including complying with confidentiality requirements (e.g., client information, proposal information, personnel information, job-related information, etc.).
• Actively upon employment, prepares for and takes the CPA examination until successful completion of the exam.
• Completes assigned engagements/tasks in an efficient and timely manner as defined by budget and specific engagement expectations.
• Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing standards.
• Identifies issues/concerns and communicates such items to supervisors.
• Exhibits strong analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
• Self monitors accomplishments toward defined performance goals.
• Demonstrates respectful and professional behavior and communications to others (internal and external).
• Proactively communicates any issues/concerns relating to assignments.
• Develops proficiency for Firm software applications and procedures.
• Begins to develop leadership skills including engagement oversight and monitoring.
• Maintains a positive attitude and is receptive to constructive criticism.
• Demonstrates ethical behavior.
• Demonstrates the ability to learn through formal and/or on-the-job training, the tasks assigned and the ability to excel in such areas.
• Exhibits appropriate written communication skills.
• Identifies internal opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes, and financial performance, e.g. expense management.
• Accepts responsibility for work assigned and follows up on open assignments.
• Demonstrates an ability to adjust to non-routine assignments/unexpected situations.
• Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage job pressure and demands while maintaining quality of life.
• Demonstrates the ability to achieve skills necessary to be promoted to Senior Auditor.
• Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments as requested by supervisors, demonstrating team work skills.
• Performs other services as required.
Skills, Education, and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other degree as approved by the Directors.
• 150 hours of college credit is required.
• 0-2 years of experience is preferred but not required; Employment in an accounting based internship or other activity is preferred.
• Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
• Must be able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
• Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
• Must have a desire to learn and be flexible.
• Must be highly organized and capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skill capabilities.
• This position requires that the incumbent be able to reach a client’s location/P&N office in a timely manner and to be on site at client and/or P&N offices to perform job responsibilities.
• Light to moderate levels of lifting, kneeling, bending, sitting and walking is required. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
• This position requires a minimum of 25% overnight travel. Due to the nature of the position’s requirements, the travel requirement may exceed 25% based on the client service needs.
• This position requires that the incumbent have a vehicle and be able to drive/commute to clients.
• This position requires overtime and a person being able to work at least a 60 hour week based on client needs.
Postlethwaite & Netterville
Website : http://www.pncpa.com/