Great Western Bank
**Please note that we are only hiring for one Sr. IT Auditor. There are three positions posted on our website in different locations as we can hire for this position in any of the three locations.**
General Description and Essential Functions
This position will be responsible for leading or conducting a variety of IT-related internal audits, including SOX audits, IT governance and operational reviews, application audits, and other IT-related risk audits. The position may supervise auditors in planning, executing, and reporting phases. He/she may also assist audit teams in analyzing data and running continuous auditing routines. Candidates should have the ability to obtain an understanding of the processes, risks and controls of business areas audited; develop the scope and audit objectives, develop and revise audit programs, plan and schedule audits, complete the field work, write audit reports, track audit issues, and work with management to resolve issues.
• Leads and conducts IT-related internal audits, which may include supervising auditors in planning, executing and reporting phases of the audit.
• Conduct research and process walkthroughs of technology processes to identify and document processes, risks and controls.
• Develop audit objectives, scope and audit program based on the risk assessment conducted.
• Perform or review audit tests and document work performed and results.
• Identify opportunities to use tools and techniques to improve quality and efficiency.
• Lead Internal Audit’s documentation and testing of IT general computer controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404. Coordinate with external auditors to minimize duplication of effort.
• Conduct follow-up regarding deficiencies noted during IT-related audits.
• Proactively interact with management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements. Represent Internal Audit’s goals, objectives and viewpoints.
• Be a resource for management throughout the bank for risk and control advice.
• Provide input into Internal Audit’s risk assessment.
• Monitor practice and changes within the IT industry. Be able to respond and adapt to new regulatory expectations or emerging risks.
• Degree in IT or Business related field.
• Prefer professional certification, such as CISA, CISSP, CRISC or CIA.
• 7-10 years of IT Audit or IT/operations experience. Internal control documentation and testing experience preferred, such as Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
• Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within predetermined deadlines.
• Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
• Less than 10% travel if located in Sioux Falls, SD. Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time if located remotely (i.e. Omaha or Lincoln).
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in MS Excel and data analytic tools.
Great Western Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability status. Great Western Bank is also an Affirmative Action employer – Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Great Western Bank
Website : http://www.greatwesternbank.com
Midwesterners are famous for their work ethic, which is exactly what made Great Western Bank grow from the small town of Leon, Iowa to a regional leader with nearly 200 locations. Living up to the philosophy of “Making Life Great” is what gets us out of bed in the morning. It’s more than a phrase, it’s what we do for our customers and our communities. It’s what we do each and every day, and we’re happy to say we’ve been doing it for nearly a century.