Volt is searching for a qualified Quality Inspector in Camarillo. Apply today!
Shift: Monday-Friday, 2:15pm-10:45pm plus overtime
The Quality Receiving Inspector will provide quality-support to the Distribution department, to include oversight for adherence to cGMPs, FDA, and DEA compliance. The Quality Distribution Inspector will utilize practices and techniques within the disciplines of Quality.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to proper cGMP’s including good housekeeping, proper protection of product quality and integrity, and personal hygiene.
• Reads and understands written instructions and SOPs.
• Knows and understands quality-related SOP requirements that determine appropriate process for conducting job performance.
• Knows and understands applicable regulatory requirements that impact job performance.
• Makes sure relevant activities fall within SOP and regulatory requirements to ensure product conformity.
• Prioritizes multiple tasks simultaneously & completes tasks in timely manner.
• Inspects and receives all products, components, sample, and returns.
• Determines the disposition of product and components received.
• Approves outgoing orders.
• Pulls expired/ labels and outserts from inventory.
• Prepares paper bins for shredding.
• Helps with labels and insert/outsert inventory and organization of sample totes.
• Performs visual inspection of raw material and subassemblies to assess compliance to inspection documents and other specifications.
• Requests Certificate of Analyses (COAs), Artwork, and Certificate of Releases (CORs) from manufacturers.
• Documents inspection results, organize and maintain inspection records.
• Audits Receiving Inspection processes and practices to ensure compliance to GMP requirements.
• Performs Cycle counts.
• Performs quality-related duties as assigned.
-Less than one year in pharmaceutical manufacturing preferred.
-Quality auditing experience preferred, either in Quality Assurance or Quality Control.
-Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
-The ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute compliance audits, and prepare reports of audit findings for senior management, is required.
-Competent knowledge of quality system regulations/requirements
-Knowledge of manufacturing processes and relevant statistical techniques (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control (SPC).
-Excellent computer skills and strong internet research skills is required.
-Job involves extensive periods of sitting, a lot of reading and analyzing of information.
-Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
-Capable of resolving sensitive concerns that present minimal risk to the business.
Education, Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
-Must have working knowledge of basic PC software: Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
-High School Diploma or equivalent
-Must have good English written and verbal communication skills.
-Good arithmetic skills are required.
-Working knowledge of measurement instruments.
-Must be able to obtain forklift license.