Purchase, NY, United States
Mastercard’s global Internal Audit team provides independent and objective assurance and advisory services that add value to and improve MasterCard’s diverse operations. We bring a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the company’s operations and risk management processes.
• Take ownership of internal audit’s relationship with one or more areas of the business—understand what they do, the risks they face, and how they manage them
• Use that knowledge to contribute to our risk assessment and internal audit plan development processes; help us focus our attention where it will matter most
• Plan and execute integrated audits (operations, finance, IT) and advisory projects with a focus on strategic priorities, key and emerging risks, and business process optimization
• Identify control gaps and process improvement opportunities, and evaluate compliance with operational, legal, regulatory, and IT policies and procedures
• Develop and communicate meaningful, value-added audit findings that provide clarity to, and stimulate action from, senior management
• Track and monitor management action plans to ensure sustainable resolution of control gaps
• Provide risk and control advice and education for the benefit of the organization—be a champion and advocate for the benefits of a well-controlled organization
• Work with colleagues located both locally and in various offices around the world
All About You
• Ability to quickly understand and critically analyze complex processes, identify and assess potential risks, and determine whether those risks are appropriately mitigated (using various techniques, such as problem solving and data analysis)
• Demonstrated experience in, and commitment to, the fields of internal / external audit, through both work experience and professional credentials (e.g., CIA, CISA, CPA, or equivalent), or experience working in operations, finance, or IT within a major global organization with a focus on risk management
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
• Intellectually curious, self-motivated, passionate, works well both independently and as part of a team
• Committed to self-development; encourages constructive criticism, and seeks opportunities to capitalize on demonstrated strengths and to identify and address development areas
• Able to deliver high-quality work, within budget and on time
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with concentration in business, economics, accounting, or finance preferred; advanced education desirable
• Ability to travel up to 35%
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact
and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Website : http://www.mastercard.com/index.html
MasterCard is a technology company and payments industry leader. For more than four decades, we have been a driving force at the heart of commerce, making the global economy safer, more efficient, more inclusive and more transparent for all. Consumers, merchants, business partners and governments in markets around the world have reaped the benefits of our innovative products and solutions which, simply put, are designed to make life easier.