We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The corporate auditor is responsible for planning and performing financial and operational audits and other special projects to identify and test compliance with the company’s financial standards and identify operational inefficiencies. Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are required to effectively communicate audit issues to management. The auditor must be able to coordinate multiple projects and be able to work in various environments.
Plan all aspects of the audit, including assessing the initial level of risk prior to the audit and developing a risk profile. • Perform audit procedures to determine the reliability of internal controls and document results. Prepare audit programs as deemed appropriate.
• Work closely with the audit team members to understand the process and controls at the audit locations.
• Identify, evaluate and communicate audit issues to audit and location management. Conduct audit entrance and exit conferences.
• Prepare audit observations for issues identified during an audit assignment.
• Prepare and organize audit work papers to document work performed and support the audit comments.
• Participates in audit department continuous improvement including revising existing programs and questionnaires.
• An undergraduate degree in business administration or accounting or related field. A CPA certificate is highly desirable.
• Two plus years of relevant accounting/auditing experience; preferable public accounting, operations accounting, and/or internal auditing.
• A thorough working knowledge of audit practices and procedures, including good analytical skills.
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes tasks, and exercise good judgment
• Ability to travel 40% of the time both internationally and domestically.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Experience with SAP.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
• Other relevant certifications (CIA/CFE)
• An understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards
• An understanding of or prior experience in the energy services industry
• Foreign language—written and oral (Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese or French)
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to a Sr. Auditor.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Product Service Line:
Full Time / Part Time:
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Website : http://www.halliburton.com
Halliburton Company provides a range of services and products for the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas to oil and gas companies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation. The Completion and Production segment offers production enhancement services, including stimulation services and sand control services; and cementing services comprising bonding the well and well casing, and casing equipment. It also offers completion tools that provide downhole solutions and services, including well completion products and services, intelligent well completions, liner hanger systems, sand control systems, and service tools. This segment also provides well intervention services, pressure control, equipment rental tools and services, and pipeline and process services; and oilfield production and completion chemicals and services that address production, processing, and transportation operations. The Drilling and Evaluation segment offers drill bits and services, including roller cone rock bits, fixed cutter bits, hole enlargement, and related downhole tools and services, as well as coring equipment and services; wireline and perforating services, such as open-hole logging, cased-hole and slickline, borehole seismic, and formation and reservoir solutions; and testing and subsea services comprising acquisition and analysis of reservoir information and optimization solutions. This segment also provides drilling fluid systems, performance additives, completion fluids, solids control, specialized testing equipment, and waste management services; drilling systems and services; integrated exploration, drilling, and production software, as well as related professional and data management services; and oilfield project management and integrated solutions. Halliburton Company has a strategic agreement with Gazprom Neft. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Houston, Texas.