Business Unit Description
The Office of General Counsel seeks to maximize the ability of AARP to carry out its tax-exempt mission while remaining in legal and ethical compliance and maintaining AARP’s reputation for trustworthiness and integrity.
The IT Internal Audit Manager contributes to the success of the organization through the execution of internal audits which can help identify potential opportunities for improving the Company's internal control environment. The role is responsible for assisting in the execution of information technology, operational, regulatory, governance, and financial related internal audits; with emphasis in Information Technology areas. This role also serves as a key subject matter expert and contributor in the Internal Audit team's continued enhancement of data analytics, data mining, and continuous auditing strategies and tactics in support of the audit charter. This role will complete all internal audit work in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards. In addition, the IT Internal Audit Manager will assist in the execution of special projects as needed.
1. Develops and leverages subject matter expertise in the knowledge of AARP’s data environment; ability to access and analyze data; use of analytical tools; and ability to interpret, visualize and communicate results.
2. Provide both advisory and execution support in audits by identifying, developing, documenting, or executing audit analytics during all relevant stages of an audit.
3. Perform data mining and analysis to facilitate the identification and communication of outliers and trends in the business.
4. Design and execute standalone Data Analytics audit projects as warranted in support of department objectives.
5. Assist auditors in obtaining necessary data for audits. Identify, develop and maintain continuous auditing/monitoring activities.
6. Communicate progress, findings, and results of assigned test work timely.
7. Complete detailed workpapers that are well organized, cross-referenced, well-supported, and thoroughly self-reviewed.
8. Review business unit controls and management's self-assessment testing. Perform control test work as needed.
9. Assist in, and sometimes lead, department initiatives to review and improve department processes, tools and methodologies related to the use of Data Analytics.
10. Assist in, and sometimes lead, developing and implementing department training that is related to data analytics and data analytics programs.
11. Effectively communicate (written reports and oral) with all levels of staff and management, particularly the creation and maintenance of management reporting dashboards.
12. Seek additional work and assist other team members, as needed, in order to achieve department goals and objectives.
13. Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
14. Comply with all company policies and procedures, including Internal Audit policies and procedures.
15. Remain current in profession and industry trends.
16. Make a positive contribution by making suggestions for improvement and prioritizing continuous personal growth.
17. Exhibit AARP values in all interactions.
-Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems (MIS), Data Science, or related field. Considerations will be made for applicants with degrees other than those listed above based on relevant work experience.
-Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to solve complex problems.
-Strong written and verbal communications skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to senior management-level personnel.
-General knowledge and experience with business process reviews and benchmarking and audit research desired.
-Strong computer proficiency required, especially with word processing, flowcharting, and spreadsheet software.
-At least 3 years of the following:
1.Performing data analytics in an Internal Audit or Compliance environment.
2. Advanced application of data analytics techniques and tools in a complex business environment, including the application of general statistical concepts against large volumes of data.
3. Collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
4. Data access, analysis and visualization tools, such as Tableau, Excel, Access, MS-SQL, Oracle, SAS, R, Python, PLSQL Developer, Disco, and Microsoft BI.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.