WGL Holdings, Inc.
Summary: Perform comprehensive audits to determine whether the Company and its contractor representatives are operating in an acceptable manner that reduces risk to both the Company and the general public, use a comprehensive independent audit system that is based upon Washington Gas Engineering and Operating Standards and other applicable Federal, state and local codes and regulations.
NOTE: Requires availability for rotating 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week on-call emergency response to incidents.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Perform audits of identified pipeline safety elements and recommend adjustments as needed based on a risk based audit approach.
• Interpret codes, standards, and regulations and use interpretation to write new or to revise existing procedures.
• Collect and track data required for communicating information and opportunities for reduction of risk to the company.
• Work closely with contractors and operating areas by communicating findings that promote appropriate changes in behavior.
• Work closely with operating areas and emergency officials while on incident scenes and performing site investigations.
• Gather and verify certain operational data required for regulatory reporting responsibilities.
• Use the Incident Command System while serving on-call and during liaison activities with local, state, and federal emergency response officials.
• Work with the appropriate groups in determining operational needs for new or revised procedures.
• Participate in various working committees relative to operational activities with a focus on data review and process improvement.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred. With an Associate’s degree, two additional years of experience required: with a high school diploma/G.E.D., four additional years of experience required. The additional experience should be in working with pipeline safety regulations, compliance, training and incident investigation.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with pipeline safety regulations, compliance, training and/or incident investigation in the natural gas field (if with a Bachelor's degree).
• Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of natural gas operations.
• Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of pipeline safety regulations.
• Reliable transportation that is able to carry various tools and equipment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and certifications as required.
• Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to clearly and concisely present information and interpretation of regulations concisely and effectively to diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to research and interpret related resource information from the Operating & Maintenance procedures, Design & Construction standards, the Emergency Manual, and other regulatory documents.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of DOT Part 192.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office Excel and Word to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc.
Website : http://www.wgl.com/
WGL blends the wisdom and expertise of a storied history with technologies and forward-thinking solutions to power a better energy future.