Lead Auditor - LRS - 1st Shift
• Assure conformance of product in the task area directed.
• Document results of inspections as needed.
• Interface with Quality Technicians, Inspectors, Auditors and Machine Operators regarding product quality.
• Interface closely with personnel from Production and Engineering Departments and Customer Quality personnel on product quality related issues.
• Verify gauges are currently within calibration dates.
• Audit processes such as routing cards, proper pan counts or material identification to assure conformance with company procedures.
• Act as a liaison between the Quality Engineer and Production / Sort areas.
• Communicate with Production Coordinator or Expediter to assure “hot parts” are moved as quickly as possible to next operation after audit.
• Alert operators, inspectors, sorters, quality department members and supervisor/manager of quality issues as they arise.
• Housekeeping: maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner, keep floors clean and free of oil & chips.
• Follow company policies, procedures and safety rules as described in the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Employee Handbook.
Knowledge, skills and ability:
• Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Inspection Plans and follow instructions.
• Ability to use and interpret all precision measuring gauges.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate that routing cards are completed correctly.
• Excellent ability to interact with peers, to communicate results of audit of work product without undue conflict.
• Ability to use computer to retrieve Audit plans and write NCMR’s.
Special attention to the following safety policies:
• Wearing of personal protection equipment
• Fire response and evacuation
• Lifting policy
Education, Training and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• 3-12 months experience working with precision measuring instruments – for example sorting parts, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Moderate work – Frequent lifting/moving part pans of up to 35 lbs.
• Use fingers & hands to manipulate parts & continuous close visual concentration while inspecting parts.
• Frequent repetitive motion required for auditing/inspecting parts.
• Bend, stoop or crouch to lift part pans gather samples.
• Continual standing and walking to perform duties.