Pacific Life Insurance Company
WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Internal Auditor Financial Controls to join and be an integral part of our Internal Audit team in Newport Beach, CA. The Internal Audit team partners with our leaders to help them manage risk and support their business goals. This position offers a unique opportunity for the individual to build trusting client relationships, team with other talented employees within our department, and work hand in hand with management to maintain and execute on the Company’s internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) program.
The Internal Auditor Financial Controls is responsible for testing the design and effectiveness of key financial controls in the Pacific Life ICFR program, facilitating audit requests for the external auditors and special projects as assigned. Responsibilities include:
• Perform and document walkthroughs of in-scope processes to obtain understanding of the end-to-end process and the design of the key financial controls.
• Formulate and execute on the established test plan. Enhance testing plan as needed to accomplish objectives.
• Discuss questions, communicate findings and opportunities for improvement with Internal Audit team and control owners.
• Evaluate results of testing and suggest follow-up actions to Internal Audit team.
• Develop clear, concise and professionally written audit work papers and detailed reports to document work performed, audit findings and specific recommendations.
• Provide assistance to external auditors by coordinating and facilitating audit requests from various divisions, as requested, and direct assistance work as deemed necessary by the external auditors.
• Perform special projects of varying complexity and business focus as directed by Internal Audit Management
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 1-3 years’ experience in internal or external audit with a focus on Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Knowledge of SOX and MAR regulations
• Knowledge of COSO 2013 a plus
• Strong ability to team with others
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to learn, adapt, multi-task and adjust quickly in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrated passion to drive for results
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
Apply for this job at https://pacificlife.contacthr.com/59798726
View More Pacific Life Jobs
Pacific Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.pacificlife.com/
For more than 146 years, Pacific Life has been helping to protect individuals and families from financial risks that can affect their investments, retirement savings, and businesses. Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide. . .The Power to Help You Succeed. A Mutual Holding Company Pacific Life Insurance Company’s organization is relatively unique as we are part of a mutual holding company structure: Policy and contract owners are members of the company. We are not a publicly traded company; therefore, we are not driven by stock price when making decisions. As a result, we can make decisions that benefit our customers and the long-term strength of the company. Our structure allows us to develop innovative products that evolve with the needs of the families and businesses we serve. Our support goes beyond just product innovation; we select businesses and markets that we understand well, can excel in, and provide value to our customers. Consistent Performance Focused on quality assets and capital growth, Pacific Life continues to be financially strong. Our investment portfolio historically produces consistent results while maintaining low exposure to non-investment-grade securities and other high-risk assets. Pacific Life maintains strong financial strength ratings from all major ratings agencies.