Charles Schwab & Co., Inc
Job ID: ********-2340
Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clients goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of own your tomorrow every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Internal Audit (IAD) provides independent and objective assessments of the effectiveness of risk management activities and the internal control environment. Reporting to the Managing Director in IAD Technology, the IT Audit Manager, Infrastructure has responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firms operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and technology related governance processes. This position is also responsible for liaising with the firms risk management functions, external co-sourcing provider, and regulators.
What youll do:
* Design and successfully execute information technology (IT) audits included in the internal audit plan and provide strategic and proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses and regulatory compliance issues.
* Plan, lead and execute individual internal audits, including efforts to prepare well-written planning and testing documents, and audit reports.
* Review key internal audit work papers ensure clear identification and communication of risks and issues prior to presentation to senior management.
* Coordinate project teams, including co-sourced resources, in conducting individual audits.
* Participate in maintaining business relationships with appropriate levels of management ensuring IAD is aware of key changes to business activities and objectives for appropriate response.
* Promote the increased use of data analytics techniques to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies.
* Address issues during the internal audit process by gathering facts, developing potential solutions, consulting with management, and implementing an action plan to solve the problem.
* Participate in departmental strategic initiatives and projects, as requested by the VP and/or EVP of Internal Audit.
What you have:
* 5 years of IT-related audit experience with increasing responsibility. Specific IT audit and/or similar Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
* Demonstrated experience leading IT and integrated internal audits and their associated team members, amongst a complex operational and regulatory environment.
* Ability to lead a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing provider, and internal lines of businesses.
* Bachelors degree in information technology, information systems, accounting, computer science or related field.
* CISA, CPA, CIA, CISSP or other applicable certification preferred.
* Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
* Leverages relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
* Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside advancing the goals and the future of the company; highly collaborative; comfortable with debate and willing to challenge the status quo; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos and upward through the Management hierarchy.
What youll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwabs policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at ************. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwabs hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications Certified Information Systems Auditor - CISA, Certified Internal Auditor - CIA, Certified Public Accountant - CPA, Certified Information Systems Security Professional - CISSP
Relevant Work Experience Financial Services-6 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Internal Audit, Accounting and Finance-6 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
Position Located In TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Job Type Full Time
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc
Website : https://www.schwab.com/
The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a full range of securities, brokerage, banking, money management, and financial advisory services through its operating subsidiaries. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), Member SIPC, offers investment services and products, including Schwab brokerage accounts. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides deposit and lending services and products. Schwab Advisor Services™ serves independent investment advisors and includes the custody, trading, and support services of Schwab. Independent investment advisors are not owned, affiliated with, or supervised by Schwab. Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. and Schwab Retirement Plan Services Company provide recordkeeping and related services with respect to retirement plans. Charles Schwab received the highest numerical score in the J.D. Power 2016 Full Service Investor Satisfaction Study, based on 6,006 responses from 20 firms measuring opinions of investors who used full-service investment institutions and we are surveyed in January 2016. To arrive at the top 50 Most Admired Companies overall (our “All-Stars”), Korn Ferry Hay Group asked 4,000 executives, directors, and securities analysts who had responded to the industry surveys to select the 10 companies they admired most. They chose from a list made up of the companies that ranked in the top 25% in last year’s surveys, plus those that finished in the top 20% of their industry. Anyone could vote for any company in any industry. The difference in the voting rolls is why some results can seem anomalous. For example, St. Jude Medical ranks No. 40 on the overall Most Admired list, returning after a two-year hiatus. But within the medical products and equipment subgroup, St. Jude Medical, based on its peers’ responses, missed the “Industry Standouts” cut by ranking in the bottom half of the group. (0416-EXLH) Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.