Westfield Insurance Company
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Premium Audit Specialist Job Summary
$61,008 - $70,159 - $79,310
This is not a remote position. Position will be based out of Westfield Center, Ohio.
The Premium Audit Specialist is responsible for resolving audit disputes and discrepancies among Westfield business partners, insureds, and the Premium Audit function. This role reviews and analyzes exposures identified in premium audit reports and authorizes changes and additions to General Liability and Workers Compensation classifications. This role also serves as a classification expert and provides risk insight to underwriters during the quoting and audit revision process, and shares his/her technical knowledge with audit peers, agents, and insureds in support of departmental and organizational goals.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Collaborates with agents, insureds, and underwriters to settle and finalize premium audit discrepancies. Authorizes and controls the final outcome and conclusion.
2. Authorizes classification code additions or changes to General Liability and Workers' Compensation audits while adhering to a multi-state regulatory mandate.
3. Reviews and analyzes staff and vendor audits to maintain quality control.
4. Serves as a subject matter expert in collaboration with underwriting units on proper classifications of risks during quoting process.
5. Mentors and shares technical knowledge with audit team members, agents, and insureds.
6. Authorizes additional and return premium outside audit processors' authority level.
7. Maintains and increases premium audit expertise on all auditable lines of business as well as individual state regulation and governmental body initiatives including Bureau of Workers' Compensation investigations.
8. Concludes all Workers' Compensation test audit results, including bureau responses and sanctioning corrective action.
9. Responsible for technical reviews of third-party vendor audits in an assigned territory and reports results to the Premium Audit Support Leader.
10. Advises the collection unit and provides testimony as an expert witness on litigated audit discrepancies.
11. Instructs audit trainees on risk classification, manual rules, and audit practices and procedures.
12. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5 years' experience as a premium auditor or territory manager.
2. Experience solving problems and providing conflict resolution with customers and business units.
3. Experience collaborating with internal business partners and team members along with agents and external 3rd parties.
4. Ability to review, comprehend, and analyze financial data.
5. Bachelor's degree OR commensurate experience.
6. Holds a current professional designation or is working towards obtaining one (e.g. APA)
7. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40 hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel and work overtime as needed.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Westfield Insurance Company
Website : http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/
Westfield is a customer-focused insurance and banking group of businesses. Our winning vision embraces innovation and opportunities in a changing world. Our strength comes through relationships we have built with employees, business partners and customers. The product we offer our customer is peace of mind and our promise of protection is supported by a commitment to service excellence provided by an exceptional team of diverse people.