Job Title: Internal Auditor (Healthcare)
Closing Date: 06/22/2018
DEADLINE: Attach any required documents, i.e., Transcripts, Certificates, diploma and Motor Vehicle
Record, to your online application by midnight on the closing date. Late Applications or documents will not
Job Number: 18-314
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Department: Revenue/Internal Audit
City: Sacaton, AZ
Location: 525 W. Gu U Ki Road
Area of Interest: Internal Audit
Salary Type: Base Pay
Salary/ Hourly Rate: $54,767 Salary
Tribal Driving Permit Required: Yes
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The Internal Auditor (Healthcare) performs program and compliance related audits of the Gila River Indian
Community’s health care related activities, programs and enterprises to ensure adequate internal controls are in
place to safeguard the Community’s resources and that programs are functioning in compliance with all
policies, procedures, resolutions, ordinances, laws and regulations.
0 Perform financial, program and compliance audits of healthcare related programs within the Gila River
Indian Community and its enterprises to include tribal funds, contracts, grants, and funding agreements.
0 Develop and execute audit programs and prepares detailed audit work-papers.
0 Prepare written reports of audit and audit ?ndings to include audit recommendations.
0 Perform compliance testing of ?nancial transactions and program operations, under direct supervision, to
ensure conformance with approved regulations, policies, procedures, grant requirements and ordinances.
0 Assist with installation of internal control procedures.
0 Assist with responsibility for compliance with **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s internal control policy and
procedures as it relates to position’s job description overview.
0 Assist in coordinating responses to audit ?ndings by external auditors, monitors, evaluators, etc.
0 Perform other related duties as assigned.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:0 Knowledge of federal laws and regulations related to healthcare including but not limited to:
- Indian Self Determination and Education Assistance Act (Public Law 93-638, as amended; 25 USC450 et seq) (ISDEAA) (63 8).- Indian Health Care Improvement Act, 25 USC 1601 et seq.)(IHCIA).
- IHCIA and ISDEAA implementing Regulations.
- Federal Privacy Act (5 USC 1811 et seq.).
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (29 USC 1881 et Seq.).
- Social Security Act.Knowledge of accounting, auditing or fiscal operations in a government setting.Knowledge of budgeting and ?nancial administration.Knowledge of internal control concepts in a governmental accounting setting.Ability to analyze significant interrelationships involving contracts and numerical data.Ability to interpret policies, regulations, contract provisions and ordinances.Ability to express ideas clearly, both orally and in writing.Strong analytical skills and demonstrated skills as a self starter.Familiarity with federal agencies and their subparts including, but not limited:
- Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Public Health Services
- Indian Health Services0 Familiarity regarding hospital and clinic accrediting agencies, including but not limited to: Joint
Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations.
0 Familiarity regarding third party reimbursement for 638 hospitals like Medicare/Medicaid, the Arizona
Health Care Cost Containment System and private insurance like Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
0 Experience with automated financial reporting systems such as revenue/expenditure summaries, trial
balances, income statements, and balance sheet statements.
0 Extensive PC experience with computer applications, ie., Microsoft Windows, Excel, Access and Word.
0 Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Community
Officials and the general public.
0 Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a drug-free workplace.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in business, accounting or related field and a
minimum of two (2) years business experience that includes exposure to ?nancial records, preparing written
reports, auditing and analysis in the healthcare industry; with six (6) months audit experience.
Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Government Auditing
Professional or Certified Fraud Examiner preferred.Experience in IHS funding and Medicare/Medicaid and private insurance reimbursement preferred.
Required to pass a background check.Required to obtain a Tribal Driving permit. Valid state driver’s license with a current proof of driving record
for the past 39 months will be required to qualify for a tribal driving permit. Proof of driving record must be
submitted with application and must not be more than 60 days old from the date of submission of the
application.Non-Supervisory, Salaried Position
Reports to Director or designee
- Medical - EPO or PPO Self-Funded Plan utilizing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Network
- Prescription Program
- Dental - Plan is provided through CIGNA with no deductible for preventive services or $50 (individual)/$150
(family) deductible for basic and major services
- Vision - plan benefits are provided through SightCare of Arizona and carry a $10 co-pay for exams, zero co-Pay
- Life and AD&D - We offer voluntary or supplemental life insurance for Employee & Dependents through
METLIFE Group Insurance. GRIC pays the full cost for your Basic Life and AD&D.Other Voluntary Benefits -
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
° Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference
Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473). The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is also committed to
achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National
Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Gila
River Indian Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.If you are claiming Preference in one or more of the following categories please attach a copy of the
required documentation to the completed Employment Application.Preference for Community Members (with proof of enrollment)Preference for Native Americans (must meet membership requirement of a federally recognized Tribe.)
Preference point for Spouse of Community Member (with proof of spouse enrollment)Preference point for Veteran (must meet statutory requirements)
HUMAN RESOURCES WILL NOT MAKE COPIES OF APPLICATIONS OR DOCUMENTS BEING
Visit our GRIC website and apply online:
Job Reference #:
Recruiter and Available Location Information
5250 N. 48th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85048