Postlethwaite & Netterville
This position is responsible for completing and/or directing the work performed on client engagements/projects. The incumbent exercises leadership through knowledge and technical ability and/or assigned supervisory responsibilities. This position also assists in training and staff development activities. Due to the variety of responsibilities assigned to this position, the incumbent must demonstrate a clear ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. The responsibilities are as follows:
• Exhibits the technical knowledge and ability to direct field work on assigned engagements from engagement planning to completion, including assuming responsibility for timely and accurate status reports, completion of work paper review including self review, engagement follow-up of open items, monitoring of the completion of assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner (e.g. engagement file completion, engagement binder closing, completion of financial statements, completion of staff evaluations, etc.), and other similar items.
• Demonstrates appropriate leadership skills including, but not limited to, timely and accurate communicating with supervisors and staff personnel, identification of technical issues, identification of any staff issues and/or concerns and other similar items.
• Self monitors accomplishments toward defined performance goals.
• Monitors workload to meet billable hour and realization expectations and to ensure efficient scheduling of staff.
• Performs assigned tasks with enthusiasm and professionalism including assisting with the internal and on-the-job training of staff members.
• Exhibits strong analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
• Demonstrates respectful and professional behavior and communications to others (internal and external).
• Exhibits excellent client service skills including the identification of opportunities to provide additional services to clients and/or non-clients.
• Responsible for ensuring that engagement procedures comply with professional requirements and to identify engagement efficiencies.
• Exhibits excellent listening skills with internal personnel and clients.
• Begins to demonstrate the ability to research accounting, auditing and tax issues as appropriate.
• Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing standards.
• Proactively informs engagement Manager/Associate Director/Director of status of engagement and other pertinent aspects of engagement.
• Complies with professional and firm requirements (e.g. personnel manual requirements, time entry procedures, audit quality control document requirements, etc.) including complying with confidentiality requirements (e.g. client information, proposal information, personnel information, job-related information, etc.).
• Maintains a continuing base knowledge of accounting and audit requirements/regulations.
• Demonstrates the active pursuit of and completes the CPA examination in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to achieve skills and qualifications necessary to be promoted to Audit Manager.
• Maintains a positive attitude and is receptive to constructive criticism.
• Demonstrates ethical behavior.
• Demonstrates the ability to learn through form and/or on-the-job training the tasks assigned and the ability to excel in such areas.
• Exhibits appropriate written communication skills.
• Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance, e.g. expense management.
• Demonstrates an ability to adjust to non-routine assignments and unexpected situations.
• Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments as requested by supervisors, demonstrating team work skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage job pressure and demands while maintaining quality of life objectives.
• Performs other services as required.
Skills, Education, and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other specialization as approved by the Directors.
• 150 hours of college credit is required.
• A CPA designation is preferred, but not required.
• 3 years of experience in a Staff Auditor capacity or its equivalent. Insurance experience is a plus.
• Current public accounting experience required
• Must be highly organized and capable of performing multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
• Must be able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Must have a desire to learn and be flexible.
• Must have self-discipline to complete and finalize engagements and open items.
• Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
• Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skill capabilities.
• Must have effective leadership skills
• Must have appropriate technical knowledge.
• This position requires that the individual have a vehicle and be able to drive/commute to client locations.
Postlethwaite & Netterville
Website : http://www.pncpa.com/