United States-California-San Ramon
Back to offers list
Share with your friends
Tweet this page
Share this page with your network
Share this page on Messenger
Share this page on WhatsApp
Share your content curation with Scoopit
Share this page on the first Chinese social network
No time? Read and share this page later with Buffer!
The convenient app to read this page at any time, even offline!
Show more social networks
Send this page by e-mail
Send this page by e-mail
Print this page
Are you sure you want to print this page ?
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Senior Audit Leader
, Model Risk Audit
Job Description Summary
The Inspection Group, as the Bank’s periodic control function (i.e., third line of defense), independently assesses the effectiveness of the permanent control function (i.e., first and second lines of defense) to identify, measure, monitor, and control risks.
The Senior Audit Leader is primarily responsible for reviewing quantitative model documentation used at the Bank and the related model validation reports and model performance reports to ascertain whether the Bank’s standards as well as regulatory expectation set forth in SR11-7 for model development, validation, implementation, use, and performance monitoring are sufficiently met. The Senior Audit Leader will formally document their assessment, issue audit findings/recommendations as needed, and participate in the validation of model related findings. The individual will be exposed to a variety of models used across the Bank and requires deep working knowledge and experience in model development and validation.
Essential Job Functions
Performs independent and objective evaluations of the adequacy, sufficiency and suitability of the Bank's quantitative model development, validation, performance monitoring, and internal and governance controls.
Manages audit projects and execute audits which consists of planning, evaluating, investigating, reporting, reviewing, and supervising; annual audit planning, continuous monitoring and risk assessments over model risk management; and monitoring and verification of auditee management's resolution of audit findings.
Delivers high quality audit results and well-crafted audit report deliverables on time.
Ensures that audit activities comply with Inspection Group standards. Communicate effectively, clearly, concisely, and accurately using written and verbal communications with all levels of management.
Other Job Functions
5. Supervises, directs, mentors, and evaluates assigned project resources, but does not have any direct reports.
6. Provides model risk management audit expertise on integrated audit assignments with the compliance, credit, risk management, and operations teams.
7. Maintains effective and professional relationships with Bank Senior Management.
8. Maintains effective and professional relationships with Bank audit clients; managers and staff of the Bank's public accountants; representatives of federal and state regulatory agencies; and others dealt with in a professional capacity.
9. Maintains current on industry developments affecting areas of assigned responsibility.
10. Work with team management to continually evolve and improve existing processes.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in applicable and related field - Required; Master’s in a quantitative degree, preferred
· Required License(s) or Certifications in CIA, CISA, and CPA - Preferred
· Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Requires 5 - 7 years minimum prior model development and validation experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Website : http://www.bnpparibas.com
BNP Paribas in the United States is part of a far-reaching global banking network, offering its clients a full range of services from investment and retail banking to asset management services. BNP Paribas has been present in the country since 1919 as the French American Banking Corporation and currently has over 14,000 employees in the US.