With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals in our Financial Services division, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in the accounting profession. Training is provided through our National Training and Professional Development programs which are specifically designed to develop advanced accounting knowledge.
With more than 60 years of solid business experience and innovative thinking, CBIZ MHM, LLC Kansas City delivers a full line of value-added accounting and tax services to a variety of industries within the middle market. As the 10th largest accounting provider in the country, we provide our clients with high quality, industry leading expertise combined with a personalized level of service delivered at the local level. From advisory, audit and tax, to valuation services and business consulting, we are known for being attentive to clients' needs and committed to maximizing all aspects of our clients' financial interests. CBIZ MHM, LLC Kansas City's industry groups - which include healthcare, real estate, financial institutions, construction, manufacturing, professional service organizations, and non-profit - offer clients the right balance of comprehensive services and personalized attention.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
* Complete all aspects of accounting, tax and audit engagements for clients including status updates to engagement managers and adhere to all quality control standards as required
* Demonstrate understanding of the client s business including analysis and planning of client engagements
* Adhere to engagement budget constraints and complete assigned tasks within the time requested, explain variances when needed
* Achieve charge hour goals
* Review associates accounting, tax or auditing work: provide constructive review points
* May supervise Associate s on engagements
* Train and mentor associate staff
* May be involved in the client billing process by assisting Managers or Directors
* Identify and begin to develop knowledge in selected specialty practice
* Leverage industry knowledge and business acumen blending cross serve opportunities into client engagements
* Participate in practice development activities such as: membership in qualified organizations capable of referring potential engagements
* Execute administrative duties as assigned
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
* 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
* 1 year supervisory experience preferred
* CPA candidates preferred
* Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
To view PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
CBIZ enables you to dedicate your time to critical business matters by providing custom solutions that help you manage your finances and employees. We offer clients exceptional quality and diverse capabilities in Accounting and Tax, Insurance, Payroll and Human Resources, as well as a suite of specialized consulting services and solutions – all with a single focus: your success.