Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a subdivision of CCBD, is composed of the firm s digitally-led consumer businesses which include the global online consumer deposits business and the US online consumer lending business, the firm s first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. This unique dynamic allows us to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
The Business Management team of Marcus is responsible for the strategic focus and management of Marcus. The department aligns itself across all Marcus teams to centralize strategic recommendations, budgeting and expense management, third party business engagements and general business administration. Joining this department will give you the opportunity to shape the future state of the firm s innovative consumer-facing businesses while strengthening your knowledge of the industry.
Strategic Engagements is responsible for sourcing, engaging and building upon third party relationships for Marcus across various business lines in an effort to generate bottom-line savings and accretive solutions for our customers, the firm and Marcus. This team offers a unique opportunity to strategically guide third party engagements for one of the newest digital finance brands in the industry. On this team, you will develop consumer finance industry knowledge at the vendor level, refine your negotiation skills, form creative deals and learn to manage third party risk for Goldman Sachs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 2 years relevant financial industry experience required
* Previous sourcing, partnership / deal-making, vendor management, risk management and / or auditing experience preferred
* Strong communication skills and ability to work with senior management
* Commercial negotiation experience with third parties a plus
* Partner with the Marcus business heads and relevant business units within the firm to source, onboard and offboard third party vendors, as appropriate
* Support broader Strategic Engagements team throughout deal negotiations
* Maintain and enhance the team s third party tracking system
* Prepare reports for Marcus / Firm management on overall service provider / vendor management issues, including related risks and other metrics
* Establish and maintain standards and guidelines, including escalation procedures, consistent with regulatory guidelines related to vendor management
* Excellent relationship management, negotiation and communication skills
* Confidence and ability to interact effectively with senior leaders
* Team oriented
* Detail oriented
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
Website : http://www.goldmansachs.com
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.