Polaris Industries Inc.
To ensure that all products shipped to the consumer meet or exceed that consumer's expectations. To aid other departments in the organization in improving the function and performance of all aspects of our business. To audit and verify critical processes in the manufacture of Polaris products. Reporting of audit findings in a professional and accurate manner to facilitate improvement in quality, productivity and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Support production by teaching operators how to correctly use gauges and other quality equipment.
2. Audit various process characteristics per specification plans, may include but is not limited to:
Receiving inspection of components or raw materials, WIP, Quarantined inventory, Re-worked components or assemblies and Finished goods audits
3. Make necessary recommendations for process improvements.
4. Perform sort of non-conforming materials as required.
5. Verification of Manufacturing Department materials and parts, assuring that they meet written specifications within established tolerances.
6. Work overtime or vary working hours as needed.
7. Attend company provided training.
8. Work with measuring and production tools
9. Cross train in other quality positions to back-up or assist other quality personnel as necessary.
10. Prepare layout sheets, prepare RMO's, shipping orders and order supplies for QA Lab as necessary.
11. Challenge nonconforming product using proper chain of command and hold tag procedures.
12. Provide help with rework projects as the quality inspector for all completed rework.
13. Maintain or input quality data/files as required. May include but is not limited to: QA files, PPAP, Audit results, FAIR's, RMO's, Deviations, PQR's, FTQ, and PP100.
14. Communicate to appropriate personnel any necessary issues, findings, etc.
15. Maintain quality inspection equipment as necessary.
16. Provide input into improving existing inspection procedures and actively participate in the PCI process.
17. Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
18. Perform duties outside assigned area, as required.
19. Maintain a neat and organized work area.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. Technical diploma or equivalent training preferred.
3. Must be familiar with parts, tolerances, dimensions, problem areas, various inspection equipment, and quality terminology.
4. Must have a performance history of quality conscious work, good attendance and safe work habits.
5. One year experience with basic gauging equipment (micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc.) required.
6. Must have experience and a strong working knowledge of the production area this position is assigned to support (i.e. seats, engines, metal fabrication, etc.)
7. Must have flexibility to cover other shifts when needed.
8. Must have a working knowledge of PC software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, database, and email) including the ability to enter and retrieve data.
9. Must have working knowledge of the AS400 system.
10. Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
11. Must be able to manage conflict and solve problems independently.
12. Must have demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
13. Must be responsible, enthusiastic, trustworthy, and able to work with minimum supervision.
14. Previous inspection experience or related education preferred.
US - Osceola, WI
High School / GED
Years of Experience Required
1 year experience
About this location
Osceola, located on the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway, is full of small town charm. Located less than 40 miles northeast of the major metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Osceola enjoys a perfect balance of recreation, tourism, business, and industry. It is an attractive place for families to live, work, and do business.
Polaris Industries Inc.
Website : http://www.polaris.com
At Polaris, making great products is not just a job - it is a way of life. That is why our creed is etched in steel at the entrance at each of our locations. Our employees are not only building and designing our machines, they are also enthusiastic riders. This gives us the competitive edge as we work together to make the riding experience better.