PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at ****
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (****provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at ****
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit ****for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Internal Audit (IA) Services practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services which include outsourcing, co-sourcing and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services. We also provide IA Performance Improvement services including external quality assessments and strategic assessments designed to help IA realize its full strategic potential. All of these services encompass PwC's strong industry sector experience and knowledge.
PwC's Internal Audit team provides services related to enhancing the value and effectiveness of the internal audit function. This requires an understanding of an organization's objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders including executive management, the board, employees, and shareholders. These needs determine the risk profile of the organization and the strategic focus, organization, resources and practices required of its internal audit department.
PwC Internal Audit professionals bring the right mix of internal audit experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a clients internal audit function. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused internal audit results.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and/or other business fields of study.
Certification(s) Preferred: CIA, CPA or CISA. Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in completing aspects of the Internal Audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology (e.g. COSO).
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the understanding of current issues key executives contemplate, in a variety of industries, and how Internal Audit can play a role within the organization to address the risks.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success directing company- or firm-wide functions within, the following areas as it applies to the planning, executing, reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate complex financial, operational and compliance related engagements:
- Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley Act's regulations and requirements, including compliance readiness programs;
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Financial and operational fraud risk management;
- Antifraud internal controls;
- IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy
and IT security;
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery; and,
- Auditor Independence.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leading teams, emphasizing the supervising of staff by creating a positive working environment through the building of solid relationships with team members; the monitoring of workloads of all team members; adjustment and redistribution of assignments accordingly to promote work/life quality; taking into account team members' capabilities and needs and meeting of client expectations; encouragement of team dialogue; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and, keeping team members and leadership informed on progress and issues;
- Using available technical resources and tools to research and expand one's sphere of knowledge to enhance work product, significantly contribute to business development efforts and remaining up to date on client and firm hot topics while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable;
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients; understanding the client's business; communicating a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Managing day-to-day engagement operations, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to leadership;
- Evaluating internal controls design; identifying key risks and controls, developing and/or reviewing audit programs, benchmarking financial and operational processes and controls as well as performing controls optimization; and,
- Creating high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language, especially developing and reviewing audit programs or testing steps, adapting an audit program to suit a client's specific environment, and/or designing controls evaluation and testing work plans.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.