Make a Lasting Impression. Join Tapestry, the first New York-based house of modern luxury lifestyle brands. A successful career at Tapestry is built on hard work, determination and a genuine passion for what you do. At Tapestry, you are part of a global house of brands that is built around our shared values of optimism, innovation and inclusivity. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea, and with creativity and perseverance, anything is possible.
Whether it be Coach, Stuart Weitzman or Kate Spade, each of our great brands around the world helps people express themselves in their own unique ways.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for assisting Audit Management in developing and implementing an internal audit and financial compliance program aimed at evaluating accounting and operating procedures as well as ensuring compliance with the Company's internal accounting policies. This will include ongoing risk assessment, planning and executing compliance reviews, reviewing and evaluating internal controls for SOX testing purposes, identifying control and operational weaknesses, recommending procedures to improve business practices, and providing consulting services to help the business units proactively address internal control and operational areas of risk.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for communicating the results of internal audit reviews directly with business unit management and senior management. The role will incorporate audits for all Tapestry, Inc. brands including Kate Spade, Coach and Stuart Weitzman. Given the nature and unique risks of the Company operations, this position's overall attention will be focused on financial compliance; with additional time allocated to operations and risk management activities.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to:
* Assist in evaluating the company-wide internal audit and financial compliance program aimed at evaluating accounting and operating procedures and ensure compliance with the Company's internal accounting policies.
* Assist in developing and maintaining an ongoing comprehensive risk-based methodology.
* Plan and execute SOX compliance reviews, review and evaluate internal controls, identify control and operational weaknesses, and recommend procedures to improve business practices and policies.
* Perform financial and operational reviews which address accounting risk, business risk, and regulatory risk, develop recommendations around existing controls in place as well as the necessity to develop new controls.
* Communicate the results of internal audit reviews directly with business unit and senior management.
* Maintain documented procedures of tasks performed.
* Perform other related special studies and projects as assigned.
* Perform administrative duties of the department including, but are not limited to, staffing, recruiting, training, budgeting, planning and scheduling.
The accomplished individual will possesS:
* BS in Finance/Accounting.
* CPA and/or internal audit credentials.
* Relevant two to five years audit experience, ideally with Big 4 accounting firms and/or companies of similar scale.
* Working knowledge of the COSO internal controls framework
* Should have previously participated in existing internal audit programs for a major company.
* Ability to scope, plan and execute audit programs and reviews with minimum direction.
* A broad and deep knowledge of technical accounting and business practices.
* Experience using computers, Microsoft products, report writers and audit software packages as audit tools.
* Experience working with ACL analytics is a plus.
An outstanding professional Will have:
* An objective, independent, mature, unbiased individual with the highest integrity.
* Strong analytical skills and an ability to assess risk, analyze the business/operating impact, and identify the weaknesses underlying issues.
* Polished communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business units and comprehend complex matters. Articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, research complex matters, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
* Ability to work effectively across the organization, effectively soliciting full cooperation and being accepted by business partners as a true value add.
* Excellent team player who works extremely well in a in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to influence, train, mentor and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. *LI-JW1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Tapestry, Inc. is a New York-based house of modern luxury lifestyle brands. Our company’s portfolio includes the Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman brands. Our company and our brands are founded upon a consumer-led view of luxury that stands for inclusivity and approachability.